For the 2017/18 academic year tuition fees for the International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme are £15,950.*
*Fees outlined are correct at time of publication but are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information please visit the central Queen Mary fee pages. The same tuition fee applies for both September and January starts.
Scholarships and bursaries
Students who complete the ISEFP and continue to study in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Queen Mary may qualify for a scholarship of up to £5,000 per year. Visit the central Queen Mary undergraduate bursaries and scholarships for international students page for more information.
Managing your money whilst studying
Students should budget for an additional £7,500–£9,000 for accommodation and living expenses.
Queen Mary's Advice and Counseling Service provides lots of useful information on managing your money.
We want to do everything we can to minimize any additional costs that may be incurred during your studies. Outlined below are the costs we are able to cover and the costs which our students will have to meet themselves (where applicable).
What costs do we cover?
- Laboratory coats and safety spectacles for practical classes
- Compulsory learning aids (e.g. Mastering Biology, EVS Clickers)
- Printing of posters (when these are required as part of a module's assessment)
- A wide range of course notes, data booklets, laboratory manuals etc.
- Access to a range of general and scientific software via QM's Student PC Service
- On-campus high-speed internet access (including WiFi)
- Some software for installation on students' personal laptops (e.g. ChemDraw)
- An initial free printing allocation (ca. 100 pages)
What costs may you still have to cover?
- Textbooks for personal purchase - these can be quite expensive, but the Queen Mary library maintains multiple copies of all recommended texts
- General printing/photocopying costs - printing facilities are widely available on-campus, and typically charged at 4p per A4 black-and-white page