Our International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) will enable international students (from outside the UK and EU) to achieve the right academic level, as well as improve your English language and academic skills, to progress onto your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
Our foundation year programme is taught entirely at our Mile End campus by university staff and students will have access to all Queen Mary's facilities and services. Get a glimpse into student life at our Mile End campus by watching this video.
Upon successful completion of the ISEFP students can progress onto most of the BSc/BEng and MSci/MEng degree programmes in the following departments at Queen Mary University of London:
- Biological and Chemical Sciences
- Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering and Materials Science
Students can also use their foundation certificate to progress onto degree programmes at other UK or overseas Universities. ISEFP advisors will help students find the right degree programme for them and advise on how to apply to other universities.
Why should you study the foundation programme with us?
- You will be guaranteed a place on an undergraduate degree places at Queen Mary if you meet the progression requirements and submit a UCAS application within the deadline.
- By choosing to study at a Russell Group university, you will have access to excellent teaching including free additional tuition.
- You will receive a high level of academic and personal support
- Our programme is taught on the Queen Mary campus by university lecturers ensuring you get the true university experience.
- Access to all the services and facilities of Queen Mary the University of London.
- On-site campus accommodation offers you a two minute walk to lectures/classes and 24 hour security.
- Our programme is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Engineers as a pre-degree qualification.
- We are well recognised for degree progression to other high ranking British universities and some universities in the USA and Canada.